Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Help, I'm alive


I was at Walmart (for reasons unimportant) and I went to the bakery section. They had french bread and ciabatta bread so, silly me, I think 'they've gotta have brioche or challah bread.' Instead I get "....I've never heard of either of those before." YOU WORK IN THE BAKERY SECTION!! ..but what I said back was "REALLY?!"
Then I just couldn't decide which bacon to get. "...I'm making French Toast Bread Pudding with Spiced Pears. Maple might be too much sweet. ..not everyone is like me."
.....and then it was Anjou..."well they don't have Comice". Until just beyond the bagged pears - wedged in between bags of mixed fruit - was hunks of meat with nothing but a thin layer of plastic wrap in between the bloody juices and the not-in-season fruit.
It was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment