Friday, April 13, 2012

Run after the ice cream man and opportunities will knock

Earlier this week (Wednesday) my Mom asked me if I wanted to run the Doylestown 5K with her. I am NOT someone who exercises regularly but I tell myself I want to...So, I told her I'd think about it.
This year, my resolution is to do things that make me happy (I may keep that resolution until I die...it's working out pretty well) so I decided to really do it - get in shape! I found a great guide to training for a 5K and I'm pairing it with a shortened version of the guide to running a mile. Dustin (my Husband) said that he'd do it with me if we did it in the morning - 5am in the morning. That's really early for both of us but I actually got excited about it...until the dream (oh, there's always a dream).
Dustin and I were running in a place that resembled both Doylestown, PA and Pittsburgh, PA (lot's of hills) and we made it back to our place (which of course looked nothing like our house). But for some reason we were planning to run again, as if we hadn't just went for a run. I went into the laundry room and looked at a clock in there. It was 9:45am! My class started at 8:30!(for some reason, in my dreams I'm usually still in high school or college...but I never remember my schedule...I'm pretty sure I'm failing my first dream class) ! I told Dustin I needed to hurry! He decided that the solution was to invite his friends over and make breakfast..that looked disgusting. No one seemed to understand my urgency - not even when an alarm went off.
When I realized it was my real alarm I woke up with anxiety running through me. I told Dustin it was time to run! He didn't want to, naturally. I laid there for a few minutes but I knew that I couldn't go back to sleep. It was time to run! So, I hit him in the face....lightly...and I told him that he said we would do it at 5am! Run 1/4 of a mile and walk the rest! I had planned our route! I had made a spreadsheet (something I'm notorious for)! "I'm not going to let you ruin this for me!" I said with irritation and I got up to pee.
Dustin slowly got up and after dressing while stretching we headed out! Into the void!

No comments:

Post a Comment